Artifacts are rare & powerful items that can be found in the far reaches of Space on long forgotten Planets. They can bestow a wide range of bonuses depending on what Artifact it is, ranging from +Stats to special passive bonuses. When buying drinks in a Port Tavern, you can sometimes get hints at an Artifact's Location, or you could get really lucky & stumble upon one all by yourself! Artifacts are picked up by flying over one, & upon doing so, it's placed in your Personal Inventory, & you gain 500 Experience.
Artifacts can be sold, or traded to other players. Trading Artifacts between Players can be a useful option if you find an Artifact that doesn't really fit your Play Strategy, like for example, if you find a Cloak of Disguise Artifact when you never attempt to Rob Ports.
You can hold up to 3 Artifacts, & you cannot pick up another Artifact while you already have 3 Artifacts in your Personal Inventory. If you find a 4th Artifact in your travels, seriously consider Marking the System the found Artifact is in for future reference... Corporation Mates or Rich Players could then benefit... perhaps for a price...?
+Stat Artifacts stack, & Artifacts can enable a player to exceed the normal Maximum Stats, making the strongest possible Stat Total in a Stat 16 Points. (Imagine how hard a 16 CHA Builder can get away with Taxing their Colonies...)
List of Artifacts:
- Beautiful Aura Necklace: Grants +2 CHA, especially useful for Builders & perhaps Corporate CEOs.
- Cloak of Disguise: Grants additional chance to sucessfully Rob a Port undetected. Only recommended for Players of -1,000 Reputation or lower.
- Intergalactics' Map: Decreases Warp Fuel Consumption from Warping through Warp Holes.
- Intergalactics' Spacesuit: Grants +2 DEX, especially useful to those that wish to maneuver & fight more effectively.
- Oracle of Wonders: Grants +2 WIS, especially useful for those that travel from system to system very frequently.
- Persuasive Pulsator: Passively 'influences' Port Merchants into giving you better Prices.
- Shield Emanator: Strengthens the Shields to reduce damage to the Ship.
- Superconductor: Increases Energy Regeneration Speed.
Think carefully on which Artifacts would best suit your Playstyle & Strategy... & remember, there are only so many Artifacts in each Galaxy...